What will I learn?
- Writing functions, when and why?
- Creating simple interactions for a website (when a user clicks X, Y should show/hide)
- Setting up a project from scratch
- App architecture, aka how should I organise my project
- Writing readable / modular code
- Functional approach, what is it and why should I care?
- Writing tests
- Setting up deployment / testing pipelines
My journey to becoming a Web Developer involved lots of hard work, online courses, meetups and much advice from strangers online. Today I am a Full Stack Engineer working in London and love helping others reach their goal of learning to code.
I have been teaching others to code for over 3 years now via workshops, talks, group projects, one-on-one mentoring and I absolutely love watching students get better every day and becoming Engineers themselves. Taking a decision to change your life, switch careers and learn to code is very brave and I hope I can help along the way and steer in the right direction.